The ability to run and export reports is a feature included in a my.Vaniday Premium membership.
Customer list report: available data
A customer list report gives information on your customer database. Data includes:
- Name, phone number, email: generate and export contact details for your customers.
- Created on: this is the date a customer was created in your system. Discover which customers have been with you the longest.
- Total Appointments: find out which of your customers have high booking rates, or those which have not rebooked with your salon.
- Total sales: this value is the sum of all bookings from a particular customer. With this information, you can determine which customers generate the most profit for your salon.
Exporting the customer list report
Exporting the customer list report allows you to manually manipulate your data, so you can compare it in ways that are meaningful to your particular operations and goals. To export a report, simply click on the “Export” button on the top right corner of the page.
The customer list report will automatically begin to download as a CSV file. Once the download is complete, you can find it in your computer’s recently downloaded items folder, or at the bottom of your computer screen, as shown below.
Formatting exported data
Open the CSV file in your preferred software, such as Excel or Google Sheets. The data should automatically fill into appropriate columns. If an error occurs, you may need to manually format the data. Please follow these steps to view the data correctly in Google Sheets.
1. Highlight the first column by clicking on “A”
2. Put the data into separate columns by clicking the toolbar option “Data” and then choosing “Split text to columns…”
3. A “Separator” box will appear at the bottom of the sheet. Choose the separator “Semicolon”.
Your data will now be separated into columns. Please note that dollar amounts will display without decimal points. For example, 1200 translates to $12.00.
If you need any additional help with exporting reports, don’t hesitate to contact you account manager or our customer care team.