The ability to run and export reports is a feature included in a my.Vaniday Premium membership.
Appointments Summary report: available data
The appointments summary report gives information on total sales and number of appointments by staff, service, and platform. Available data includes:
- Appointments by staff: discover the total appointments for a given staff member for a selected time period and the corresponding total sales.
- Appointments by service: know which of your services are most booked and if service bookings correspond to seasonal changes.
- Appointments by platform: compare incoming bookings from the Vaniday marketplace and booking widget.
- Total sales: this value is the sum of all bookings. With this information, you can determine which staff members, services, or platforms generate the most profit for your salon.
The “Appointments by Staff” section will display first. Simply scroll down the page to view the appointments by service and platform.
Exporting the appointments summary report
Exporting the report allows you to manually manipulate your data, so you can compare it in ways that are meaningful to your particular operations and goals. To export a report, simply click on the “Export” button on the top right corner of the page.
The appointments summary report will automatically begin to download as a CSV file. Once the download is complete, you can find it in your computer’s recently downloaded items folder, or at the bottom of your computer screen, as shown below.
Formatting exported data
Open the CSV file in your preferred software, such as Excel or Google Sheets. The data should automatically fill into appropriate columns. If an error occurs, you may need to manually format the data. Please follow these steps to view the data correctly in Google Sheets.
1. Highlight the first column by clicking on “A”
2. Put the data into separate columns by clicking the toolbar option “Data” and then choosing “Split text to columns…”
3. A “Separator” box will appear at the bottom of the sheet. Choose the separator “Semicolon”.
Your data will now be separated into columns. Please note that dollar amounts will display without decimal points. For example, 1200 translates to $12.00. The three factors that the report accesses (i.e., platform, professional, service) are all found in column A under “Type”.
Feel free to arrange your data in any way you prefer, an example is provided below:
If you need any additional help with exporting reports, don’t hesitate to contact you account manager or our customer care team.