The ability to run and export reports is a feature included in a my.Vaniday Premium membership.
Customer Retention report: available data
A customer retention report gives information on repeat booking habits. Available data includes:
- Name & phone number: generate and export a contact list of clients who have made previous bookings.
- Last appointment date: discover which customers have not visited your salon in a while.
- Days since last appointment: knowing how long repeat customers normally wait before rebooking can help you decide how far in advance to send rebook reminders.
- Last professional seen: find out which of your staff members are most booked or compare the professional with the total sales and learn which professional generates the most profit.
- Last booking price: this value is the most recent booking price paid by a particular customer.
- Total sales: this value is the sum of all bookings from a particular customer. With this information, you can determine which customers generate the most profit for your salon
Exporting the customer retention report
Exporting the customer retention report allows you to manually manipulate your data, so you can compare it in ways that are meaningful to your particular operations and goals. To export a report, simply click on the “Export” button on the top right corner of the page.
The customer retention report will automatically begin to download as a CSV file. Once the download is complete, you can find it in your computer’s recently downloaded items folder, or at the bottom of your computer screen, as shown below.
Formatting exported data
Open the CSV file in your preferred software, such as Excel or Google Sheets. The data should automatically fill into appropriate columns. If an error occurs, you may need to manually format the data. Please follow these steps to view the data correctly in Google Sheets.
1. Highlight the first column by clicking on “A”
2. Put the data into separate columns by clicking the toolbar option “Data” and then choosing “Split text to columns…”
3. A “Separator” box will appear at the bottom of the sheet. Choose the separator “Semicolon”.
Your data will now be separated into columns. Please note that dollar amounts will display without decimal points. For example, 1200 translates to $12.00.
If you need any additional help with exporting reports, don’t hesitate to contact you account manager or our customer care team.